Spindles w/torsion keys or rcx 6inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advice or opinions and thoughts. I have an 01 Tahoe rwd that right now my current set up is coilover conversion in the front from atomicfab with 3" knuckles and z71 rear springs and running 275/60/20 on 20x9 with 4.5BS (33x11x20). It puts me at a ride height from ground to bottom of fender at approximately 40" or 25" from center of wheel to bottom of fender. Im going back to the torsion bar set up due to personal preference and now im debating on whether to put level torsion keys and try to get another 1.5 to 2" in front and put 1" coil spacers in back. Or should i go with a rcx 6inch lift and get the 5 to 6inch lift from that? right now my tie rods and control arms are level if not up a little in degree so i have plenty of play either way i go. Thanks in advance and yes i know 4wd is superior and some may say why am i putting a lift on a 2wd. Well because i like the look.

OP
OP
George Cobos

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well no one replied but i spoke to cody at bds suspension. He said ill prob get about a 5.5 inch lift in the front if i put leveling keys based on the photo i sent him since im still about 1.5 to 2inches from uca bump stop. Ill try to get it done this weekend and post pics if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
George Cobos

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update? I am about to go this same route with a 2004 Tahoe and want to see some inspiration

actually i was able to do it let me get some pics i got about 4 to 5 inch lift i think. my ride height from ground to bottom of fender is at 41" in the front and 40 in the back.

OP
OP
George Cobos

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only reason I went back to the torsion bars is the kit i got with the coilovers seemed very bouncy at low speeds. The only way i can describe it is when you see those rice burners going down the road and you see that slight bounce. It was annoying to say the least. But off road and highway was good. I just went back to the torsion bars for that reason and was able to lift a little more with key spacers as well. Just for info i was running viking coil overs on mine.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on other pics but fixing up front end due to recent accident.

View attachment 263588

Looks good....
I like the lifted look better too. And I like the ride height of about 4-5 inches over stock.
And 4-5 inches is about all I can go and still fit in my garage.

IMO 2wd is more efficient anyway. Less parts to fail. Don't have to worry about axle angles and I don't use 4wd very often.
AWD or the auto function is nice in the rain.

OP
OP
George Cobos

George Cobos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good....
I like the lifted look better too. And I like the ride height of about 4-5 inches over stock.
And 4-5 inches is about all I can go and still fit in my garage.

IMO 2wd is more efficient anyway. Less parts to fail. Don't have to worry about axle angles and I don't use 4wd very often.
AWD or the auto function is nice in the rain.

I know what you mean about going higher than 4-5". I barely fit in my garage with the height that it is at. I was also able to due a tune for the larger tires too and noticed a big difference in shifting and pick up.