Speed Engineering Headers fitment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtthis

Reaction score
Buy better headers lol. Hope you don’t have 4WD, ask @Tonyrodz about having to delete that to make those SE headers fit. Not worth it imo.

I've put headers on new school gto's, FWD grand prix's, a header on a fwd Cobalt and nothing compares to the difficulty I had putting them on my Escalade. At the time of the install the AWD was still on the truck. I have since deleted it but it was a major PITA. Probably the hardest to ever install. But they do fit great and no leaks which is the most important thing. They just needed a lot of convincing to go in and no I didn't dent any of the tubes to make them fit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting on you to tell me about your expensive headers and how great they are lol

I've put headers on new school gto's, FWD grand prix's, a header on a fwd Cobalt and nothing compares to the difficulty I had putting them on my Escalade. At the time of the install the AWD was still on the truck. I have since deleted it but it was a major PITA. Probably the hardest to ever install. But they do fit great and no leaks which is the most important thing. They just needed a lot of convincing to go in and no I didn't dent any of the tubes to make them fit.

I heard about the problems with AWD and headers, and my Denali was lowered as well so I didn't want to take a chance. The American Racing ones I bought were indeed expensive as hell but they fit like a dream and were extremely easy to install. The tolerances where they fit around everything on the Denali were tight but all I had to do was install everything loose and then adjust it all as necessary as I was tightening it down. Plus they run 2 separate secondary's all the way to the muffler just like the stock exhaust. I've since done work like pulling the trans once and the trans oil pan once and they were easy to pull the secondary's off and reinstall which is also nice. If I had 2 WD I would have considered a less expensive set.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score

Try an F-body one time. That’s fun. About as much fun as it was to replace the Y-bridge on my Duramax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts