Sound issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the pink wire for? I also have an extra blue and black wire in there that aren't connected to anything.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the pink wire for? I also have an extra blue and black wire in there that aren't connected to anything.

It is the amp trigger or remote I believe.

Here is a small write up but he had an issue.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53746

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the pink wire from the stock radio powers a relay for an optional amp from the factory. yours would be under the drivers seat. will check on wires for you now.....

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

the black is a ground. as far as the blue wire is concerned, with or without a factory amp, there is a light blue wire and a dark blue wire of the stock radio wiring and it feeds the right rear - and + speaker terminals respectively.

Hmm, thinking you may have just discovered your problem maybe?

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have two blue wires and two black wires. I have one of each connected to the harness and I have sound at the rear just one side is really really low. If I move the speaker that is loud over to the side that is low, it sounds loud and is fine. The same for the front. That is what makes me think that the speakers are bad. The blue was spliced into the yellow wire for some reason. The extra black, well I can ground it as well, I'm just not sure where it goes.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there are two yellow wires used in the stock unit. one for the power switch trigger and the other is the left rear - speaker terminal.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right well the extra blue I had was spliced into the power switch, possibly for the amp I used to have. It's likely that the extra black is ground for the amp I used to have as well. I'll have to check the wires to be sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dimi3

Latest posts