Soon to be Yukon or Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester1023

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself my name is John and I am waiting on an insurance settlement for an accident my vehicle will probably be totaled so after paying off what I owe I will have about 5-6k to shop for a Tahoe or Yukon.

Why because I have always wanted a big SUV I remember when I was younger my uncle had in my early twenty's my uncle drove an Ford Eddie Bauer Bronco I loved that truck riding up high with all that truck around me I loved it.I have never really had a big SUV I have owned a variety of vehicles as far as 4wd rides go I had a Dakota that I loved and A trailblazer that I hated giving up I had gotten a second job so the gas was killing me I went from that to a rogue in order to save gas and money my wife calls it the shrimp mobile and I have to agree with her on this one it is just so small but at the time I had no choice since the time I got this vehicle (the rogue)I had left my second job and now have just the one.so when I got into an accident about a week ago so this was a blessing as it was not my fault at all and the driver who hit me was. 100% wrong so his insurance is paying for everything I am hoping they total my vehicle which it looks like it will be as there is a lot of damage I hit a box truck who was jumping parking lots and going the wrong way,if it's totaled I should be seeing about 10-11k after the payoff of about 3k and I will have about 5-6k to spend.The gas mileage and cost of gas kind of held me back with the two jobs but now that I don't owe too much on the rogue and gas is not so much of a concern I am anxious to jump into a Tahoe or Yukon preferably NBS 2001-2006

So I just wanted to introduce myself as I will be quite active on this forum as I search for my new vehicle once I have one I am sure I will have questions.

My wife calls me a research freak as I research things to a fault at times confusing myself and driving her crazy but that's just the way I am.

So my name is John and I look forward to chatting with you guys learning along the way and absorbing all the info I can as a newbie to these trucks I am going into this with an open mind to all suggestions and opinions.looking to absorb as much as I can and maybe someday I can hand out some advice to a newbie like myself and guide them

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself my name is John and I am waiting on an insurance settlement for an accident my vehicle will probably be totaled so after paying off what I owe I will have about 5-6k to shop for a Tahoe or Yukon.

Why because I have always wanted a big SUV I remember when I was younger my uncle had in my early twenty's my uncle drove an Ford Eddie Bauer Bronco I loved that truck riding up high with all that truck around me I loved it.I have never really had a big SUV I have owned a variety of vehicles as far as 4wd rides go I had a Dakota that I loved and A trailblazer that I hated giving up I had gotten a second job so the gas was killing me I went from that to a rogue in order to save gas and money my wife calls it the shrimp mobile and I have to agree with her on this one it is just so small but at the time I had no choice since the time I got this vehicle (the rogue)I had left my second job and now have just the one.so when I got into an accident about a week ago so this was a blessing as it was not my fault at all and the driver who hit me was. 100% wrong so his insurance is paying for everything I am hoping they total my vehicle which it looks like it will be as there is a lot of damage I hit a box truck who was jumping parking lots and going the wrong way,if it's totaled I should be seeing about 10-11k after the payoff of about 3k and I will have about 5-6k to spend.The gas mileage and cost of gas kind of held me back with the two jobs but now that I don't owe too much on the rogue and gas is not so much of a concern I am anxious to jump into a Tahoe or Yukon preferably NBS 2001-2006

So I just wanted to introduce myself as I will be quite active on this forum as I search for my new vehicle once I have one I am sure I will have questions.

My wife calls me a research freak as I research things to a fault at times confusing myself and driving her crazy but that's just the way I am.

So my name is John and I look forward to chatting with you guys learning along the way and absorbing all the info I can as a newbie to these trucks I am going into this with an open mind to all suggestions and opinions.looking to absorb as much as I can and maybe someday I can hand out some advice to a newbie like myself and guide them

How far are you willing to travel? I know a guy at a major dealership in Cinci.

OP
OP
Jester1023

Jester1023

Reaction score
I am going to look for something here on the Island I still need to wait on my insurance check.I have a buddy of mine that comes across both a lot.Right now he’s got a 02 tahoe slt 102k & A 04 Yukon SLT 159k the Yukon is really nice it needs nothing it’s used all synthetics it’s whole life not an ounce of rust the undercarriage is spotless.Its a beautiful white rig.the Tahoe has been well kept I have not seen it yet not quite sure how I feel about the color it’s a goldish dessert mist I think it’s the same color my TB used to be not too crazy about the color.

As long as I am patient my guy will find me something most of the rigs he comes across he either works on services or knows the guys very well so anything I get through him I know will be well kept regardless of the miles.

Being new to these rigs he keeps reminding me you can’t look at the mileage like you would another vehicle if these rigs are taken care of they will last forever he had A Tahoe going on 275k still running strong before he sold it.A Yukon as well creeping up on 250k before giving it to a buddy who’s vehicle went down.He keeps telling me if you take care of them or get one from someone who has they will top 200k without even breaking a sweat.

So When I am ready which I hope will be soon My guy who will point me in the right direction.

I’m thinking of taking another serious look at the Yukon he’s got I went to look at it over the weekend he was in FL and will be back tomorrow he sent me to his crib to take a look at it.it looked really nice I just have to look past the mileage which I am so accustom to looking for low mileage when shopping for vehicles with these rigs I need to look past that and look more for the rust spots.this one is clean.

He’s got a 03 show Z71 as well but that’s out of my price range he looking for 10k for that.someone looking for a tricked out z71 would not hesitate to scoop it up.

Thanks though for looking out,looking forward to chatting with you guys once I get my rig!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach John..Make sure you have a good independent mechanic put your Tahoe or Yukon on the rack and check everything out..Hopefully it will come with some service records.

OP
OP
Jester1023

Jester1023

Reaction score
Point taken thanks.though I am not crazy about the high miles the Yukon my buddy has I could probably grab for about 5,500 or so and that I know would have been well maintained he’s a real thorough when it comes to vehicles he services this Yukon happens to be one he knows really well as he services it so if I can overlook the high mileage the truck is very clean not a speck of rust and it’s been well maintained.the only negative that I saw is the leather interior though not ripped looks pretty used it’s cracked quite a bit I was not able to look thoroughly inside or drive it as he won’t be home till tomorrow but the outside and unde carriage is mint I crawled underneath while looking at the vehicle yesterday and it looks cleaner than a lot of vehicles only a couple of years old it was definitely very well kept so if it was as well kep5 mechanically as it was on the outside I will need to take a serious look at this rig for the price

I know this is the intro thread and I already started posting should I start posting somewhere else on this subject or just keep going from here.

And thanks for the welcome guys

MSgt Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome John. Post a picture of whatever you choose.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site John,.. I just purchased my 04' Tahoe from Huntington Station and its super clean,.. I must say when shopping for mine I found some real clean rigs on the island, more so than upstate where im from.
Regarding the fullsize/mid size choice,... I did mid size trucks for some time but I'll never go back. I owned full size trucks my entire life and always had HD's for work, but in an attempt to save fuel I tried several mid sized 6cyl suv's, Jeep GC, Trailblazer, Cherokee, mitsubishi montero, ect...and Ive finally come to the conclusion that the minimal fuel savings just isnt worth is, a full size rides better, hauls more, and is just downright more comfortable....and for the 2-3 mpg difference its just not worth it,...no more mid size suv's for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons