So this happened today :-/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the way to work this morning that the passenger side back lighting for the climate control was out.

PhotoJan1172628AM.gif

I was thinking it would be a good time to upgrade to the digital climate control. I shouldn't experience any problems switching to the one below, should I? I was assuming it would be as simple as removing the old one and plugging in the new one...

15-72956.jpg

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. If I give it a few taps it will light back up.
as far as switching, you cannot just add the digital one. Way more involved than just swapping the units.

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. If I give it a few taps it will light back up.
as far as switching, you cannot just add the digital one. Way more involved than just swapping the units.

Thanks for the tip...

As far as switching, what all is involved?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine used to go in and out in my old crew cab

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how difficult/expensive, I'd like to upgrade to the digital one... has anyone done this, or know what all is involved?

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen it done here, but I have on the trailblazer. Well... I should say they tried and gave up. The harnesses are completely different, the sensors are all missing, the vents (the ones hidden deep in the dash) are different. The final conclusion was it would be easier to trade the thing in and get one with the digital option. It just wasn't worth the time/money/effort.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Don't go digital. It is a system that uses a lot of sensors throughout the cabin in order to make sure it achieves the temps the user wants. You are taking about a very difficult and expensive conversion. Imo, it's not worth it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't go digital. It is a system that uses a lot of sensors throughout the cabin in order to make sure it achieves the temps the user wants. You are taking about a very difficult and expensive conversion. Imo, it's not worth it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Wow - I had no idea it was that complicated... You guys are right... not worth it... I guess I'll just start tapping away at it to get the light to come back on LOL

Thanks guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack