So long everyone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, man I just bullet proofed my vehicles. But for $16k, maybe I would let them go. The problem you have is that insurance will go up by 100%. You have to pay taxes here about $1600.00. Then every year the registration is 3 times what it was with your old 2003. Not sure I want to spend the money with just about everything else out there doubling in cost due to inflation. Going to keep them.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, man I just bullet proofed my vehicles. But for $16k, maybe I would let them go. The problem you have is that insurance will go up by 100%. You have to pay taxes here about $1600.00. Then every year the registration will triple. Not sure I want to spend the money with just about everything else out there doubling in cost due to inflation. Going to keep them.
what state is this you are referring to?

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Hmmm, man I just bullet proofed my vehicles. But for $16k, maybe I would let them go. The problem you have is that insurance will go up by 100%. You have to pay taxes here about $1600.00. Then every year the registration is 3 times what it was with your old 2003. Not sure I want to spend the money with just about everything else out there doubling in cost due to inflation. Going to keep them.
Insurance went up by 125 dollars a year-taxes were around 2000 and registration is the same every year no matter what you have.Love it so far Close to the same power and torque.It is only 2 inches shorter in length and wheel base.Heads up display bluetooth apple car play heated and air condition seats front and back-navigation dual sunroofs are just a few things im trying to get used to but wow what a difference.My only concern is how low the hitch is compared to my tahoe.Looks like im putting in a 2 inch lift kit and a little bigger at tire.Again thanks to all and i will still check in now and then if i can give anyone advice but you guys seem to have it down.

Last edited:

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have loved this tahoe from the day i got it spent alot of money on it but is time to let her go.Had alot of good times with it and a few bad times.It was great talking with everyone on here-great forum.
Hard to pass up that deal! I have a 2006 Denali with 190k on it. Looking at 2021's and newer and still blown away by the prices. Good luck with your new ride!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
California. Just realized I wrote triple every year. I meant it would be 3 times what I am paying now. Trying to stay retired.
well that statement is not true by any means, not sure where you are getting your information.
the only fee that increases is some tax fee's based on the consumer price index which is a small amount (percentage) of tax fee's and pretty much affects many other things such as property tax, nothing is increasing 3X or 2X or even 1X. and if the cpi decreases so does the tax.
in regards to new vehicles the fee is of course more than a 20 year old vehicle but that is nothing new nor out of the ordinary, for instance my 18 cost's around $650 and my 12 cost around $350 that will decrease over a period of time not increase.