SO hot inside these things WHY??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me? Why do these things retain so much damn heat inside? Like in the roof? It's in the 90's here, but it's not that humid. But I am in the shade, got all the windows down and rear glass open. Trying to do some dash wiring. ******* sweating my ass off. If I step outside on the sidewalk I am fine. Just feels like the roof or the body/doors are heat soaked or something and radiating. Does anybody else notice this? It's aggravating. One of my very few complaints about these trucks compared to other vehicles I have owned. if I open all the doors it seems better.

I mean night will fall and it will cool off but driving around inside the truck it's still hot as hell. My old Burbs never had this problem they cooled right down when the sun stopped hitting the steel.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just took my readings with my temp gun. This is an hour after being in the shade with all windows open. o_O Feels like 80's on the sidewalk.

Floor mats 89
Most of the interior door and dash trim 91-96
Top of dash near the defrost vent 100!
Outer steel skin 91
Inside the center console 100!
Seat fabric 91
Windshield 87
Headliner several spots 91-92

Reaction score
Older cars have thicker metals and interior construction materials, such as headliners and plastic panels. Now days all these parts are thinner and lighter to help meet milage and crash safety standards. They don't insulate like they used to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older cars have thicker metals and interior construction materials, such as headliners and plastic panels. Now days all these parts are thinner and lighter to help meet milage and crash safety standards. They don't insulate like they used to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
And your opinion is that 2007-2014 is an "older vehicle" with said thicker stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham