Snow cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what kind of cables are you guys running for those in the snow? I see a whole bunch on Amazon all with mixed reviews. I have stock 22” rims. I don’t plan on going anywhere with snow, but I thought I’d just have a set in my car.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what kind of cables are you guys running for those in the snow? I see a whole bunch on Amazon all with mixed reviews. I have stock 22” rims. I don’t plan on going anywhere with snow, but I thought I’d just have a set in my car.
I have a set of peerless scc super z I think they have been around since forever
you can go to there website and find your size and then shop prices online
chains are not recommended for our suv's, use cables

Reaction score
For my OEM 22" wheels, I too have Security Chain Company's cables. Specifically, I bought SZ451 and verified they actually fit. Haven't had to use them in snow, but they fit and clear the brakes.

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my suspension done at Socal Suspension in El Cajon. All other mods I did myself.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my OEM 22" wheels, I too have Security Chain Company's cables. Specifically, I bought SZ451 and verified they actually fit. Haven't had to use them in snow, but they fit and clear the brakes.
I have the same. I've never used them though.

Even so, I do recommend a set of long rubber heavy duty kitchen gloves - toss them in the bag with the cables. If you had to install them on the side of the road it would be cold, wet work for your hands.

TomK9er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m running these on my 2019 Yukon Denali, wearing 18” Silverado takeoffs wrapped in 275/65R18 Goodyear Duratrac tires.