Slotted rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my rear rotors and am thinking about dropping the extra coin for slotted versions. Does anyone have recommendations on a brand or a good source to purchase from ? Thanks !!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerstop is a good enough brand. As for just doing the rears its kind of a waste of time most of your braking is in the front. However no arguement on the idea that your probably just doing the rears because it needs rotors anyway. Also as for a place to order them rockauto.com usually shows listings for powerstop brake parts for most makes and models. Generally a good price too.

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ordered several sets of slotted and drilled from a company named Rotorpros, which was recommended on another vehicle forum. I really like them. I am not sure if the drills or slots make much of a difference, but I like the look and they are very smooth when braking. Also, reasonably priced. I had warping issue on an Infiniti I owned, which I've been told can be common for drilled rotors in the city, but never had this on the Denali. As mentioned, I've been very pleased with them.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took a look at rotorpros and i didnt find any real complaints. I will never use them myself and i have my reasons simple as that. Brakes, tires, wipers, lights and components are all key safety points for me. Ill pay more for a better known proven brand rather than take my chances because im saving a few bucks.

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took a look at rotorpros and i didnt find any real complaints. I will never use them myself and i have my reasons simple as that. Brakes, tires, wipers, lights and components are all key safety points for me. Ill pay more for a better known proven brand rather than take my chances because im saving a few bucks.
No real complaints but you won't use them? Not sure I follow. Anyway, as mentioned found the company through recommendations and have had good experience. Sure you can pay more a proven brand, or use a company that many have used. To each his own.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have R-1 concepts E-line slotted and drilled rotors going on three years now and i love them. The zinc coating is still rust free and look great. No warping or cracking either. I`m pretty sure they`re having a 15% off sale this weekend too. Use code LD16 for the discount.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have R-1 concepts E-line slotted and drilled rotors going on three years now and i love them. The zinc coating is still rust free and look great. No warping or cracking either. I`m pretty sure they`re having a 15% off sale this weekend too. Use code LD16 for the discount.

X2 on R1 Concepts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
R1 concepts have always been good to me. Used 3 sets on every vehicle we have owned in the past 5 years. Chris is a standup guy on freedom motorsports, vendor here. Always runs specials and im pretty sure does a military discount if you are as well but dont quote me on the last one.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No real complaints but you won't use them? Not sure I follow. Anyway, as mentioned found the company through recommendations and have had good experience. Sure you can pay more a proven brand, or use a company that many have used. To each his own.
I just wanted to comment if anyone is interested in rotorpros that i didn't find anything that stuck out that would turn most away. As far as me not buying them is a totally different story and has nothing to do with the brand or anything else. I just have horrible luck and riddled with bad situations which generally seem to happen more frequently when i try something different. So besides my dark cloud of crappy experiences influencing my purchases pull up a simple google search for rotorpros or the r1 stuff they are all over the automotive forums. People seem to love them everywhere. So if your interested in either of those brands they have enough positive reviews out there that there is no reason (besides my ****ed up head) to purchase a set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts