Slippery Denali Running-board Solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Rat

Reaction score
My ‘17 Denali running-boards are CRAZY slippery when wet, especially when wearing dress shoes.

Anybody have suggestions for applying an anti-skid material? Looking for something to give them some grip.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
AZ Rat

AZ Rat

Reaction score
I contacted Rustoleum. They provided the below links for 2 products. Suggested I test them out first on a small part of the running board before applying everywhere to confirm adhesion. Apparently some manufactures construct some plastics to prevents other chemicals from adhering to them. Hoping the Universal Bonding Primer will take care of that concern.

Universal Bonding Primer: https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust/universal-bonding-primer

Stops Rust Anti-Slip: https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust/anti-slip

OP
OP
AZ Rat

AZ Rat

Reaction score
Grip tape or sandpaper with a sticker backing would be less permanent and easier to apply.

I fear the Arizona heat will loosen up the grip tape and end up looking Jenky over time and then become a mess to tear off and reapply. Figure if applied via a spray method, touch ups can be simply sprayed back on... like a powder coat.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fear the Arizona heat will loosen up the grip tape and end up looking Jenky over time and then become a mess to tear off and reapply. Figure if applied via a spray method, touch ups can be simply sprayed back on... like a powder coat.

Good point John. I was thinking something less permanent in case you found alternatives later on.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall an old thread where an owner had his OEM fixed side steps on his Tahoe coated in Rhino liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe