SiriusXM reception and traffic - anyone in CT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last week I have noticed the signal dropout on out XM radio. I initially thought it was cloudy weather but it is happening all of the time.

So I just completed an extensive "Hard Boot" troubleshooting exercise with XM techs. The final analysis is that I have a radio defect and should take it into my dealer....which I will do. The tech stated that this has gotten to be common with 2015/2016/2017 GM Touch Screen Radios.

So...at this time I have NO XM reception.

Have any of you guys gone to the dealer with this issue?

This will be my second trip back to the dealer with radio issues. The first issue was with the touch screen that went totally blank and was replaced.

Seems that this high tech stuff is very vulnerable.

OP
OP
dfelicia

dfelicia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have any of you guys gone to the dealer with this issue?
Yes, see above. I was told it's "operating as designed." They compared my truck with another on the lot.

All I have to say is that Sirius in my Ford was 1000x better. I had zero signal loss, until I went in a parking garage or long tunnel. XM support told me that Sirius uses different satellites and receivers. Also said XM's satellites sit "lower in the southern sky" and are more vulnerable to obstructions.

Supposedly in a couple of years they will deploy new satellites and sync the platforms.

Anyway, your issue sounds different. Let us know how the signal holds after they replace your unit. Curious if you'll still get crappy reception like the rest of us in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts