"Service Brake System" ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why it doesn't throw a code.

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a code that the dealer will be able to read. I can't remember what it is but i will check. I have the same problem on my yukon and my dad had the same problem on his avalanche. Neither one of us ever got it fixed.

Edit: The codes were C0265 and C0201

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a code that the dealer will be able to read. I can't remember what it is but i will check. I have the same problem on my yukon and my dad had the same problem on his avalanche. Neither one of us ever got it fixed.

Edit: The codes were C0265 and C0201

I love this ^^ post in so many ways!

Thanks for that!

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving mine for a year like it is. I wired in a head unit so i don't get the annoying "ding" and i put tape on the back side on the gauges to hide the lights.

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nmsyukon is right. If you use a handheld code reader it wont read it. Need the Tech 2(sucks). Found my receipt and it says code C0136. Power brake assist pump motor shorted. Guess i was wrong because its a 200 part and about 2 hours of labor = 500 fix(glad i had warranty). They gotta reprogram the cluster also. I love these trucks, but hate the fact you need that 4000 dollar scanner to fix anything. That goes for all late model gm vehicles.:emotions122: Maybe if you got a buddy whose a gm tech, he can scan it for you and you will find out. If it was abs module the service writer said a code would definitely show up.

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving mine for a year like it is. I wired in a head unit so i don't get the annoying "ding" and i put tape on the back side on the gauges to hide the lights.

Mine resets each time I shut the truck off, and it won't come on immediately every time, so I'm thinking it's not a big deal. I'm gonna try sea-foaming it. I always wanted to find out what the fuss was about, and this is the perfect opportunity. I'm hoping it's a vaccum issue, so I'm hoping that Sea-Foaming will correct any vaccum issues I may or may not have. Wishful thinking really.

Your truck looks good BTW! I like those '10 wheels on it a lot!

Nmsyukon is right. If you use a handheld code reader it wont read it. Need the Tech 2(sucks). Found my receipt and it says code C0136. Power brake assist pump motor shorted. Guess i was wrong because its a 200 part and about 2 hours of labor = 500 fix(glad i had warranty). They gotta reprogram the cluster also. I love these trucks, but hate the fact you need that 4000 dollar scanner to fix anything. That goes for all late model gm vehicles.:emotions122: Maybe if you got a buddy whose a gm tech, he can scan it for you and you will find out. If it was abs module the service writer said a code would definitely show up.

Reading what I just wrote above, what are your thoughts?

BTW: I can't stand that "You can only get it diagnosed here" shit either!

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine resets each time I shut the truck off, and it won't come on immediately every time, so I'm thinking it's not a big deal. I'm gonna try sea-foaming it. I always wanted to find out what the fuss was about, and this is the perfect opportunity. I'm hoping it's a vaccum issue, so I'm hoping that Sea-Foaming will correct any vaccum issues I may or may not have. Wishful thinking really.

Reading what I just wrote above, what are your thoughts?

BTW: I can't stand that "You can only get it diagnosed here" shit either!

That was exactly what my Yuk was doing. It wouldn't come on all the time, then one day it stayed on. Changed my rear pads, light off for a couple days, then sometimes on, then on all the time again. Broke down(me not the truck)took it in, and warranty work later no problem. As far as the seafoam,do it, i think you will like how she runs. I dont think it will solve the brake problem though. I agree with you on the diagnosing crap. All a scam so we can bring it in to the dealer because most local shops aren't gonna spend the cash on a handheld scanner. It would not be so bad if the stealerships charged less for diagnosing. One hour rate(around here 125 an hour) for 5 min or less. Thats bs!!!:Plugged:

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks! :Handshake: Do you have any pictures of your roof rack and rear vents painted. It looks really good in your sig.
And yes, mine does not come on all the time either. It seems very random.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love the yuk on late model 20s as well. gives me a great picture of how ours will look once i find a deal on some 20s. nice and clean.

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! :Handshake: Do you have any pictures of your roof rack and rear vents painted. It looks really good in your sig.
And yes, mine does not come on all the time either. It seems very random.

Thank you! Here are a couple. Let me know if you need more, or help doing yours. (In case you catch it, I still need to clear the rack.)

NEW007.gif

120-1.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700