"Service Brake System" ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks, looks like i'm going to have another summer project.

Thanks 2005yukonxl!

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's one of those things that don't take much money or time, but the results are Awesome!

Here's a better pic I found:

0221111310a.gif

JLaud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed? Did the seafoam work?

If it is the ABS module, don't pay the $800+ the stealership wants to replace it, a buddy of mine had a similar problem in his Silverado and it turned out to be the ABS module. Went to pull-n-save and luckily they had a 2002 Yukon lying there pretty much stripped, but since the ABS module is underneath on the frame it was still there. Pulled it, he paid $80 bucks, installed it and never had an issue again.

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed? Did the seafoam work?

If it is the ABS module, don't pay the $800+ the stealership wants to replace it, a buddy of mine had a similar problem in his Silverado and it turned out to be the ABS module. Went to pull-n-save and luckily they had a 2002 Yukon lying there pretty much stripped, but since the ABS module is underneath on the frame it was still there. Pulled it, he paid $80 bucks, installed it and never had an issue again.

That's a great idea! Thanks so much for that!

I did the SeaFoam thing, but no luck. I think it might be worth trying your idea next. If I can get the module cheap enough, it will cost less than the cost to diagnose it.

I think that's what I'll do, since I already checked the connections on the ABS sersors. Thanks again JL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700