Seat Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
My driver's seat will not always move front to back. The other adjustments are fine. Is this the motor going out?

Thanks!

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's seat will not always move front to back. The other adjustments are fine. Is this the motor going out?

Thanks!
Most likely, but you could lube the slides and try moving the seat around with no one in it after that. I would use some penetrating oil first on all the moving areas.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
It could be the switch too. Does it make any clicking noises when you operate the switch back and forth or is there silence?
Edit: not sure if the passenger switch could be swapped to the driver side to troubleshoot or if the connectors are different but it’s worth looking.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you bottom out the screw drives on these seat motors they can and will bind on the higher mileage vehicles. If you rock the seat switch back and forth and feel it trying to move but binding you can break it loose with some pliers and get it to work again.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure that the screw drives are not contaminated with debris. I have 2 White Shepherds that go with me everywhere in my truck, and their shedded hair got wrapped up on the screw drives and hindered the movement of the seat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
It seems like it moves forward ok and if I click the switch back and forth it will go backward. Maybe I need to lubricate the tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo