Seat Memory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015i Yukon CL Denali. The seat memory button doesn't work unless the vehicle is running by pushing the start button. This can only be done while holding the brake. It won't work with the remote start. Thus is dumb. Is there a setting that I am missing?

My wife is very petite and I am 6 foot 2 and close to 300 pounds. I literally can't get in the vehicle when she has the seat forward for her. On my 2011 I opened the door and hit the seat memory button. Everything was fine. But on this vehicle you have to push the brake and hit the start button. Horrible. Someone please tell me there is a setting to change this.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can hold down 1 or 2 before you get in and the seats will move with the truck off. Just make sure you hold the button till it stops moving.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015i Yukon CL Denali. The seat memory button doesn't work unless the vehicle is running by pushing the start button. This can only be done while holding the brake. It won't work with the remote start. Thus is dumb. Is there a setting that I am missing?

My wife is very petite and I am 6 foot 2 and close to 300 pounds. I literally can't get in the vehicle when she has the seat forward for her. On my 2011 I opened the door and hit the seat memory button. Everything was fine. But on this vehicle you have to push the brake and hit the start button. Horrible. Someone please tell me there is a setting to change this.

answered you in your other post...

MortMan

Reaction score
Just set the easy exit position to position that you can get in with. When your wife shuts the car off it'll slide back to make it easier for her to egress and easier for you to ingress.

dps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just set the easy exit position to position that you can get in with. When your wife shuts the car off it'll slide back to make it easier for her to egress and easier for you to ingress.

Does your Easy Exit work? That is, mine works for getting out, but the moment you open the door, the seat, wheel, etc. moves to the memory position. So it may be Easy to get out, it's Difficult to get back in. I was told there going to be a software update to fix, but am still waiting. This is on an Esky.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a tech bulletin on the Cadillac board dealing with the module having to be reprogrammed. Mine has wigged out too. Keeps switching from memory one to two with the same key fob and exit setting is just bizarre and never the same.

dps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a tech bulletin on the Cadillac board dealing with the module having to be reprogrammed. Mine has wigged out too. Keeps switching from memory one to two with the same key fob and exit setting is just bizarre and never the same.

It's a small world :) I'm familiar with that post because the tech bulletin was written with my mechanic and the GM engineer about my vehicle which was the first reported problem. But that bulletin was only about reprogramming the tilt/telescope of the wheel which was not working. It had nothing to do with (though it is no doubt related) with the seat/wheel/mirrors/pedals returning to the driving position (M1 or M2) upon opening the door. In previous Cadillacs at least (if not all GM"s) the seat did not return until you started it, or there was a choice on the menu to have it not return to the driving position until you started it.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My newly acquired '09 Tahoe LTZ does some odd things. I made the mistake of pressing the 1 button just to see what the PO sat like. They must have had a 22" inseam and 42" long arms. I set that to be comfortable for me and saved it.

Now SOMETIMES when I go to get back into my vehicle the seat is pushed way forward under the steering wheel but the back is still pretty much as I set it. The pedals do move closer to the seat as well. It's just occurring to me as I type this that I should set the 2 setting to be comfortable for me and see if it's going to the 2 setting.

I'm consistent about using one of the two remotes I got but have no idea how to tell them apart if there's a 1 or 2 corresponding to the seat save buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia