Seat memory recall with car off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midcont

Reaction score
So I've noticed that on my vehicle at least, the drivers seat will only move to its memory position with the car running.
In other words, if I hit my memory button after I unlock the vehicle, it won't move. I have to get in and turn it on for it will slide right back using the button.
I can move the seat without turning on the car by using the controls.

It's annoying because my wife is short and I'm tall, and there is a lot of movement necessary to have to do it manually every time. There is not enough room to sit until the seat is moved back.

Anybody else have this issue? Want to know if its specific to my truck or across the board.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hold the memory 1 or 2 button down while the car is off it will adjust everything. You have to hold it until it is finished though.

sharper4

Reaction score
Agreed. I found in the manual that it states if the car is not running that you need to hold the button. If the car is running, just pressing and releasing will perform the same function.

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
Also keep in mind the remotes are memory position specific (ie Remote 1 and Remote 2). Even though they don't have a designation on them.

Lurch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also keep in mind the remotes are memory position specific (ie Remote 1 and Remote 2). Even though they don't have a designation on them.

I found this out a few weeks ago when I swapped keyfobs. The fob I was carrying didn't do the recal features, I had to get in start the engine and press the memory button. It wasn't until I walked over to the truck with the original remote and saw the seat moving into position as I opened the door. I do wish there was a way to tell which fob is which since I had an extra one made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65