Seat issue need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had the seats out of my 2006 xl Denali today, for a project. and I know that there is something lodged somewhere inside the track on my drivers seat, on the outer track, I had them out a while back to do the bottom leather cushion covers, and it caused issues with seat movement forward and back. But I got it moved around enough to get the seat in and get all the bolts back in. fast forward to today and somehow now my seat is stuck all the way forward, and when I try to move it back, the inside edge of the seat will go a short distance forward and back, but outside edge track will NOT budge! I screwed around with it all afternoon trying to get the outer track to move and could not. Tried wedging a long narrow tool to down the edge of the track to try and dislodge whatever is in there. No go. Tried banging on the track with the big racket trying to knock it loose. No go. And the problem is the front seat bolt, on the outer edge, is covered by the seat being all the way forward so I can’t get it out, to even take the whole seat out to try and shake it up to try and dislodge!!! Help!! What do I do?!?!
I attached a video of what it’s doing!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar issue with seat stuck all the way forward. It took some doing with a stubby ratchet but it came out. Check the wiring on your memory control module under the seat. If there was/is something lodged in there you’ll see it. You may have a bad motor or, more likely, the inboard and outboard are out of sync. Lots of videos out there showing how to correct it.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was interesting. I watched a million YouTube videos, none showed the exact problem my seat doing.... I found it kinda odd... anyways got it fixed...

Well after lots of messing with the seat come tod ins out the forward motor that att arches via a rod to the cables in the side tracks, that move the seat forward and backward, was broken at the rod for the outer track. Wasn’t spinning the cable at all.... :banghead:
thankfully I had another motor with intact rods that I was able to swap onto the seat, get it to move enough to get the front bolt out, and take the seat out all together so I could properly install the new motor onto the tracks. It was a real *****. Why I had another seat with a working motor on it is a story for another day. Lol. But at least of anyone runs into this problem like I did here’s the rod for it haha.