Seat Heater switches self on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine drives a 2003 Tahoe.

This guy got me onto the GMT 800 and the Escalade with his enthusiasm. :favorites37:

Now he has a problem. when he switches on his heated seats in the driverside. They get warm, both in the seat and in the backrest.

If he switches it off again, it switches itself back on automatically.

This went on until he pulled his fuse. I saw a thread about this topic somewhere in this forum, but I can't find it anymore.

Basically, the seat mat can't be broken, because the heating works. I think it's probably the switch or what do you think?

But I remember that i had read something that under the seat is an electronic control unit for the seat heating.

Does anyone have any ideas on this subject?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the heater membrane will need replacement. Before mine went out completely, it was pretty flaky turning on unexpectedly. I think depending on where there may be a short, and where your rear end is pushing on that membrane, it will activate the circuit.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From another forum, and with some experience, you'll likely find the door switch is dirty. Cleaning dust/debris out of it may give it new life. The backside of it is somewhat exposed to weather -- humidity if nothing else. Between high humidity and dust, you can get an accidental short that functions the same as turning them on. This doesn't rule out the pads being busted, but the buttons are most likely the problem.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On my 05, those buttons are super sensitive. I can move my hand close to the button, just doing normal other functions at those controls, and literally just a brush and not an actual push, can turn the seat heater on. IMO, it does sound to me like a switch problem or the connector at the back of it.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks you. I will disassemble the switch, clean, check and probably exchange for diagnosis against mine..

Hope that a RAP Trucks switch will work in a "Like a Rock" Car... :favorites37:

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh!!! Something like this?

I always think. This is proof that someone who made the world, has a weird sense of humor.

In the 1970s and 1980s, when the audio technology for cars and at home was quite manageable and the recording technology in the studios was complex and expensive and only a few could afford to use this equipment, there was extremely good music everywhere.

And today where you can put systems in cars like the ones shown in the film, people hear some meaningless hum, instead of music.

And today any musician with a computer can create perfect sound at home and there is hardly any good music anymore...

That's kind of strange....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons