Seafoam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 99 Yukon stock with 150k on the clock.
To my knowledge it has never had a seafoam treatment or anything similar.
My question is am I better off not doing it? The last thing I want to do is get a chunk of carbon stuck somewhere

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
unless you see solid carbon debris under your valve covers or have high compression from deposits on the heads i would not bother with it except to maybe clean out the lower manifold if extremely contaminated. but if you ever have to replace the intake gaskets it is better to do it while it is off.in any case follow the instruction here on how to do it. do not use a vacuum line at all. http://www.seafoamsales.com/cleaning-the-induction-system-on-vortec-and-other-exotic-intake-engines/. make sure you always use good oil with detergents in it.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ agreed.
Personally I feel it does more harm a majority of the time. Me once a week at about 30mph roll I put foot to the floor and just blow out any buildup.

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always loved it in my vws never tried it in my yukon......but if suns and jdpber are saying back off i would heed there advice and not use it

why dont you guys like the stuff?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is not about liking it it is about it being required or not.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

^^^ agreed.
Personally I feel it does more harm a majority of the time. Me once a week at about 30mph roll I put foot to the floor and just blow out any buildup.
that just gets you high speed glazing if done all the time. it does no good to do that if you use good fuel and oil.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is not about liking it it is about it being required or not.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

that just gets you high speed glazing if done all the time. it does no good to do that if you use good fuel and oil.

Exactly.

OP
OP
Crowder99Yukon

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you see solid carbon debris under your valve covers or have high compression from deposits on the heads i would not bother with it except to maybe clean out the lower manifold if extremely contaminated. but if you ever have to replace the intake gaskets it is better to do it while it is off.in any case follow the instruction here on how to do it. do not use a vacuum line at all. http://www.seafoamsales.com/cleaning-the-induction-system-on-vortec-and-other-exotic-intake-engines/. make sure you always use good oil with detergents in it.

Do you think it would be best to not do it at all? I was reading the link you sent me, what do you think of that method?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019