Scored lifters and camshaift replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pathetic. It still surprises me that GM can get away with building such garbage. They used to have engines that would last forever, and a warranty to 100k without any issues. It seems all too coincidentally related that they lowered the powertrain warranty mileage limit on the passenger line of vehicles that have all these new fangled CAFE requirements. Pass the buck to the consumer....

The commercial trucks still come with a good warranty. Go figure.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. If you plan on running the wheels off this truck, then it may be worthwhile to do as @fasteddy mentioned and make sure it won't happen again. As for the price, that seems quite high, but stealerships haven't been known to be a good value. A second opinion, and a tow, may be a good option.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... surprises me that GM can get away with building such garbage. They used to have engines that would last forever ...
Pretty sure that GM thought this was a PROBLEM, that GM FIXED by adding cylinder deactivation to their engines.
Same likely goes for direct injection as well; I've a great deal of trouble believing that the change from port fuel injection (which keep valves clean) to direct injection (which does NOT) is worth more than 3MpG to even the most conservative drivers without also factoring VVT, cylinder deactivation, and an 8- or 10-speed transmission.

GM already charges too much for brand new vehicles.
Now they want to slowly kill the used car market by making stuff that starts failing at 155,489miles, so that the vehicle is mostly scrap before it reaches 204,719miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts