Scan tool for parking assist module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relative4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working on a 2018 Yukon whose front bumper was slightly dinged, not on but near one of the sonar units for the parking assist. It now has the "Service Parking Assist" message every time it starts up. The rear-view camera works, but the sonar does not - front or rear. A visual inspection shows no damage to the sensor or wiring. I can't tell if the sensor is damaged, the wiring is damaged, or the system just needs a reset from its minor trauma. My best scanner is a Launch CRP123, which does not have a selection for the parking assist module on this vehicle. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced scanner that will read and clear codes from the parking assist module? Thanks!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer or a shop. You’re talking thousands for the tool.

OP
OP
R

relative4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer or a shop. You’re talking thousands for the tool.
Do you know that for a fact? For instance, have you verified that a Foxwell NT520 won't read the parking assist module?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know that for a fact? For instance, have you verified that a Foxwell NT520 won't read the parking assist module?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
You want to read codes or fix the problem? And no, I have no knowledge of the Foxwell NT520. The system needs to be calibrated after an accident though.

jkay5665

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working on a 2018 Yukon whose front bumper was slightly dinged, not on but near one of the sonar units for the parking assist. It now has the "Service Parking Assist" message every time it starts up. The rear-view camera works, but the sonar does not - front or rear. A visual inspection shows no damage to the sensor or wiring. I can't tell if the sensor is damaged, the wiring is damaged, or the system just needs a reset from its minor trauma. My best scanner is a Launch CRP123, which does not have a selection for the parking assist module on this vehicle. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced scanner that will read and clear codes from the parking assist module? Thanks!

Did you ever find a scanner to scan the parking assist module?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want to read codes or fix the problem? And no, I have no knowledge of the Foxwell NT520. The system needs to be calibrated after an accident though.

So the system needs calibration after a hard bump? Who can do this, and roughly how much does it cost?

Thanks!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the system needs calibration after a hard bump? Who can do this, and roughly how much does it cost?

Thanks!
AFAIK, the dealer. Possibly a body shop. You’ll have to call for info and price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16