Saying Good Bye to all the good folks here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MRC suspension on these rigs leaves something to be desired for ride quality for sure. I had many rams before going GM products, every one of them had a major issue before 100k miles, transmissions, rear axles blowing up, complete brake failure, lifter failure... The plush ride and interior is nice but I say dump it before 100k miles for sure.

Trailering in the ram 1500, rear suspension is too soft and you will be looking like them Carolina squat boys. MAKE damn sure it has the factory tow package, brake controller and deeper gears cause the 3.08 is worthless to try to tow with. Plus the Rams are not moving so you probably got a good deal for sure. Best of luck on your endeavors man.

If you try GM again, Id suggest driving the 21 and up before you rule out GM completely, the ride in the IRS suspension is quite nice.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like you were here much but too bad you’re leaving. You have a truck with a couple problems so you dump the entire platform, I don’t get it. Hope you find your happy place because 5 years of trying to love your truck and failing doesn’t sound right to me.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I battles the 2500 vs 1500, I figured 70% daily driver 30% towing for the year I would be safe with a 1500. I ended up with a Ram....well picking it up at the end of the day
My neighbor strutted around when he got his RAM diesel pickup, always boasting about the mileage.
It wasn't long before the electronics started acting up. The stuff in the dash was replaced twice while under warranty but unfortunately he wasn't quick enough to get rid of it because the next time it happened (inevitable with my Chrysler experience) it cost him $10,000.

He came back to GM trucks and upped his game from Chevy to GMC.

My LAST experience with Chrysler (Jeep) was having to put rear differentials in every 10,000 miles since new. They paid for 3 and I paid for the last one before trading it back to them. The learning experience/disappointment was that they just collected the failed units and sent them back for rebuilding rather than design an actual solution to the problem so it never went away, at least not in my ownership period.

Good luck.

Last edited:

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I drove a 15 Durango RT for 4 years in the northeast, about 30k each year, same motor and 8 speed as the 1500. Only thing I ever needed to replace was the water pump, and it never gave me any issues after that. It was a solid platform in my experience.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I owned a Dakota RT and I’ll never own another Dodge er Ram or whatever they want to call them now. The GM platforms of the same year have always been way ahead of Dodge or Fird imo. The Dodge Brothers wouldn't approve of what’s going on either since they won’t even use their name anymore. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019