Sat in a 2019 Denali, was not comfortable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A coworker had a 1996 Chevy truck you could sit there for hours, the seats were great. A friend had a 2002 Suburban, those seats were incredible, they were luxurious, and very comfortable. My 2006 Buick Rainier was Awesome, the seats were just right. My 2007 Tahoe LTZ is still really comfortable, I bought it with 70K miles on it and it now has 260K, but I drove it from Michigan to Montana and back in a week, several 12 hour driving days, one that was 15 hours, and I could just keep driving.
THEN... I sat in a 2019 Denali while my 2007 was at the dealer for the airbag recall. The Denali had 30K on it and the price was not awful, but I could not stand sitting in it for a few min. The seats were hard, almost like sitting on a church pew with some bolster to poke my sides for good measure. I squirmed and shifted, adjusted the lumbar but it was unbelievably uncomfortable.
Was it just the one or are all of the 2015+ Yukons and Tahoes just awful to sit in?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a common complaint from folks common from the 800s and 900s. It took me a while to find the sweet spot for my seats so they wouldn't hurt, the new ones might be the same. They look awfully thin though compared to our older ones.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New car seats are such BS, I owned briefly a 2020 Explorer ST, That thing was a blast to drive, but it jacked up my back so bad that I sold it after 9 months and 16K miles. I just went back to my 2007 Tahoe, I was so glad I did not trade it in... I actually added $10 in padding to both front seats to make them more comfortable, it made a world of difference but the seats were shaped for a skinny little girl or something. My larger frame was ok with it while I took it for a test drive, and now I know what to look for when buying my next daily driver. What is really sad is my 87 Firebird has better seats than a new $90K car

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we take a road trip in our 19 Tahoe the wife is all in after a couple hours. We have the 8 way seats and that doesn't help. She takes a couple pillows but just can't get it right. Our old S10 Blazer was way more comfortable! Made a couple 20 hour drives in that machine without a complaint (about the seats.) And our 2017 Terrain was pretty poor too, seats just hard and uncomfortable.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worst part of my Explorer ST was the center row seats were more comfortable than the front seats.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember traveling in my wife's Equinox from Florida to New Hampshire a couple times - man, after a few hours of driving, I just had to get out....Now, last fall, I drove my Tahoe back from Florida straight - 22 hours and only stopping for gas, food, restroom breaks. Didnt need a chiropractor afterwards unlike the newer Equinox!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a more comfortable traveling vehicle than our GMT900 Yukon XL's. I've sat in the newer trucks and have also been disappointed with the seats. I predict that the later MY 900's will be in high demand if in pristine condition when the motor laws take full effect in 2030+.

Red Barchetta, anyone?

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a more comfortable traveling vehicle than our GMT900 Yukon XL's. I've sat in the newer trucks and have also been disappointed with the seats. I predict that the later MY 900's will be in high demand if in pristine condition when the motor laws take full effect in 2030+.

Red Barchetta, anyone?
Hey I'm still not getting rid of mine I love my 900 a lot and by that time she'll be mine so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts