Safety and security = Less $$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking to my insurance agent yesterday my Denali with the enhanced security option and the new safety devices will result in $112 less in my annual premium of my 2013 Denali. I found that to be a pleasant surprise and hope that everyone sees this result.

ralphtt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe owner here . . . so please enlighten me on the safety features of which you speak. Not familiar with the Denali specs.

OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoe owner here . . . so please enlighten me on the safety features of which you speak. Not familiar with the Denali specs.

Not sure if these are on Tahoe. This is on the GMC Denali page

SAFETY ALERT TECHNOLOGIES
The advanced Safety Alert technologies on the 2015 Yukon Denali pair innovative technology with driver-centric engineering, to help keep you safer on the road. Features include:

Forward Collision Alert
Front and Rear Park Assist
Side Blind Zone Alert10
Lane Change Alert10
Lane Departure Warning10
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Safety Alert Seat
BUILT-IN PROTECTION FEATURES
Yukon Denali protects you in the event of a collision with features engineered to give you greater peace of mind. These include:

The industry’s first Front Center Airbag12 to protect driver and front passenger
Dual-stage frontal air bags12
Seat-mounted side impact air bags12
Head curtain side impact air bags12
Reinforced steel safety cage
SAFETY ALERT SEAT
When one of Yukon Denali’s Driver Alert technologies (for example, Lane Departure Warning9) triggers an alert, the available Safety Alert Seat vibrates on the left or right bolster, depending on the direction of the potential hazard.
A BETTER BRAKE ROTOR
New for 2015, Yukon XL’s brake rotors now utilize GM-exclusive DURALIFE™ corrosion protection. The patented process relies on ferritic nitro-carburizing (FNC) to harden rotor surfaces for a dramatic reduction in rust and corrosion. The results are less steering shudder when applying the brakes and a rotor lifespan of up to twice that of conventional brake rotors.
ENHANCED SECURITY PACKAGE
New for 2015, the Yukon Denali is available with an advanced vehicle security system that includes:

Glass-breakage sensors located in the two rear quarter-panel windows and the liftgate
Ultrasonic motion detectors located in the overhead console
An inclination sensor located in the overhead console that trips an alarm before a tire leaves the ground, helping to prevent wheel or vehicle theft
A self-powered high-pitched siren that sounds completely different from the vehicle horn
SAFE & CONNECTED: ONSTAR®13
A 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar®13 Directions & Connections Plan comes standard on the 2015 Yukon Denali and includes:

Automatic Crash Response
Turn-by-Turn Navigation
Roadside Assistance
Emergency Services Link
Remote Door Unlock

ralphtt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply. Many of these features are included on my LTZ. I plan to talk with my insurance agent Monday to see if additional discounts can be arranged.

:boti:

OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I think that is exclusive to the Denali is the HUD and adaptive cruise control. No idea if that has anything to do with the quoted rate though.

OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the engine/transmission, HID headlamps.

I was talking in regards to safety features. Headlights may be? Who knows what underwriters do...

Thanks Doc, didn't know that was an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700