Rusty transmission lines. Does anyone make an aftermarket kit with flex hoses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a clean '09 Tahoe LT with only 93,000 miles. Unfortunately the transmission lines look like they're ready to crumble at any moment. Does anyone make an aftermarket kit with flexible braided lines (like these for the Duramax Allison transmissions)? My best guess that it will be a real pain in the a$$ to run a new set of factory lines.

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a clean '09 Tahoe LT with only 93,000 miles. Unfortunately the transmission lines look like they're ready to crumble at any moment. Does anyone make an aftermarket kit with flexible braided lines (like these for the Duramax Allison transmissions)? My best guess that it will be a real pain in the a$$ to run a new set of factory lines.

I can’t answer your question but can confirm the replacement to be a PITA! I actually tweaked the replacement lines slightly to get them in and then bent them back afterwords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started really doing some research and found kits that have a 6L80 adapter with AN fittings and hose but are $300 for the kit. Way too expensive for me!
So I ended up buying a $23 billet adapter on eBay that has -6 AN male ends. I’m going to get some -6 AN stainless mesh jacketed hi-temp hose and some stainless fittings. Then I’m going to add a Tru-Cool trans cooler kit as mine didn’t come with one. The flex lines should make it crazy-easy to install. I should make dedicated kits for these GM SUV’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE