Running board question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a set of these to in my garage but dont see how they mount up to the frame. do i have to buy brackets that mount to the frame and then thes mount to the brackets?

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe bolting them on would be a better idea, or, weld & bolt for better safety, you dont want to step on it and have the welding just crack.

i say weld it on, see how it works.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Either way, that one bracket gets welded on so why cant i just weld the boards directly on? I put on the chrome nerf bars and didnt like them at all so i decided to pick up running boards.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah they don't mount to the frame. the other half of the bracket is welded to the bottom of the floor pan.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK about these stock running boards in general.. I have them on and don't like them... The front foot or so gets clogged up with mud in the spring and snow/ice in the winter. It gets so bad in the winter that the front door scraps the buildup of snow/ice. I spend some time every weekend cleaning out the first foot or so of crap buildup. I tried to take them off once, but my wife vetoed that idea. She said, 'the boys need those to get in and out of your truck, so they stay on!' What are you gonna do... If you want to stay married, you listen...so in the winter I suffer.

album.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n