Rough Ride Bulletin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

formula271

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have others had this repair performed?

This TSB doesn't apply to my 7/9/2015 build 2015 Suburban LTZ w/MRC. But, my vehicle rides so poorly, I can't imagine how bad the pre-2/10/2015 vehicles must be. Does anyone know if the strut/spring p/n's have been updated since this TSB was published?

donn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I'm having these issues with my ltz, has anyone gone to the dealer and actually got them to perform these fixes?
Yes I have had the TSB PT 2459 completed and it made no difference. After about $3,000.00 I finally found a solution to the rough ride on my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Contact http://www.xineering.com/shocksims.html. They've developed simulators that allow you to replace the shocks with quality aftermarkets like Bilstein. They offer both a full kit for $425.00 and a half kit for $260.00. If you have the same Tahoe as I do then buy the half kit for the front. I tried the full kit replaceing the rear shocks with AC Delco air shocks but It didn't work out. Service suspension and Park Assist, Driver Asist messages came on the DIC. So I reinstalled the factory MagRide shocks on the rear and used the ride height and shock simulators only on the front. The ride is much better and if I had just bought the half kit simulators and Bilsteins for the front and left the rear alone I would have only spent $260.00 for the 2 shock and 2 ride height simulators and $300.00 for the front shocks. I understand Arnott is close to coming out with rear air shocks for this application that have built in simulators.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yes I have had the TSB PT 2459 completed and it made no difference. After about $3,000.00 I finally found a solution to the rough ride on my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Contact http://www.xineering.com/shocksims.html. They've developed simulators that allow you to replace the shocks with quality aftermarkets like Bilstein. They offer both a full kit for $425.00 and a half kit for $260.00. If you have the same Tahoe as I do then buy the half kit for the front. I tried the full kit replaceing the rear shocks with AC Delco air shocks but It didn't work out. Service suspension and Park Assist, Driver Asist messages came on the DIC. So I reinstalled the factory MagRide shocks on the rear and used the ride height and shock simulators only on the front. The ride is much better and if I had just bought the half kit simulators and Bilsteins for the front and left the rear alone I would have only spent $260.00 for the 2 shock and 2 ride height simulators and $300.00 for the front shocks. I understand Arnott is close to coming out with rear air shocks for this application that have built in simulators.

Is the ride $600.00 better????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans