Roof rack removal help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hersheybear

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the screw holes left by the roof rack screws are closed on the bottom? I just took the rack off and the screws went all the way down to the bottom of the inserts. I figured they Would stop because they would hit bottom without the plastic from the rack . This is for nnbs. I know there have been several threads about this. Several people have said to put silicone in the holes and then insert screws. Without sounding stupid..... Ok maybe a little bit... Should I fill the hole or just put a dab in. Also if the screw inserts don't have a bottom the silicone would potentially fall into the headliner board.

Help!

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^actually holes are closed if you are speakimg of the NBS style..took my rack off for over a year already and no leaks or anything through the holes

Blue45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes^^^^^ is correct the holes are closed. mine has been off for couple months and no leaks.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure it should still be the same..why would they put that on the roof where removing a screw would put a hole in the roof...remove the rack and go up there and look into the screw hole it should be closed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645