Roof Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester1023

Reaction score
So I’m on the hunt for a second gen Tahoe/Yukon preferably a Z71.I’ve been chatting with someone who has a z for sale a 05 He says it’s loaded and tells me it has 3:73 gears!All the z’s after 04 I’ve been coming across have the 3:42’s so I’m gonna go take a look at it price is within range!

The mileage is reasonable 139K and from the pictures the body and interior look to be in good shape.I take it with a grain of salt!they are pictures I need to see it in person,He tells me it has some passenger side rocker rust not uncommon for these vehicles.I think they all rust in that same spot my Yukon is starting in the same spot,passenger side rocker.driver side is fine it’s the oddest thing!All the ones I’ve seen rust in that same spot!

anyway to my question after he posted the truck why he did this I don’t know,and I have not seen it on the truck or the vehicle for that matter but he put one of those light bars on the truck!

some people may like them me personally I don’t like them at all!so now if I want to remove it,it’s already drilled for the wire and he said it’s mounted with self tapping screws!

I really don’t think I am going to like it,the curved bar style anyway the one he has on.

Are there any other type of roof mounted lighting for Tahoe’s other than those bars I just don’t like the look of them!

I saw an old post on here where someone fabricated something using a Sun Visor then mounted lights on that but that would probably require more drilling I believe but I think even a sun visor with lighting would look better than one of those bars.

I think I may even like a visor with lighting just not that bar!the hole is already drilled for the wiring so once I remove the light bar I would

A)Have to fill the hole repair and paint which probably involves removing the headliner which I don’t want to do or

B) put an alternative in place of the bar which probably requires more drilling maybe?Not sure if they make visors that you don’t need to drill I would think they would all need to be drilled for stability not sure though!

What are your guy’s thoughts,suggestions or ideas I would love to put lighting on the roof if I pull the trigger on this truck just not the light bar that would have to go!

I still don’t know why he drilled into the truck and added that bar while trying to sell it,I guess in his eyes it made the truck more enticing but for me I’m looking for a workaround as I don’t like the way those bars look!

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518