Road Trip Tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The TCM change resulting from the tune is VERY noticeable.

Also, Black Bear Performance just informed me that they no longer do free tune updates for existing customers of over 1 year from their original tune. However, a tune update can be purchased for a nominal charge. Unfortunately, good things don't last forever.

Well that’s Bull $hit…
FYP

I am disappointed in that the free retunes for life was one of the selling points to me. Might join the HP Tuners Club in the future.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So any tune older then 1 year no more free updates? What about tunes that were done under a year and you need to tweak them? I'd think the price should've went down also. This option was a little over $600 iirc.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So any tune older then 1 year no more free updates? What about tunes that were done under a year and you need to tweak them? I'd think the price should've went down also. This option was a little over $600 iirc.
You are entitled to free tune adjustments for a period of 1 year from your original tune (I am 'assuming' from the 'receipt' of your original tune files).

Yes, to me, the free tunes for the life of the truck offering as part of the ~$600 up front cost was a real BIG selling point, as those of us who mod our trucks, tend to keep doing so right to the end, thus potentially requiring periodic tweaks to our existing tunes.

I think that they erred on their business model adjustment to charge for tune adjustments, but it is their right to do so, and it is our right to respond accordingly. Too bad, as IMO, they had an outstanding total product offering package (including free future tune tweaks) for folks like us.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You are entitled to free tune adjustments for a period of 1 year from your original tune (I am 'assuming' from the 'receipt' of your original tune files).

Yes, to me, the free tunes for the life of the truck offering as part of the ~$600 up front cost was a real BIG selling point, as those of us who mod our trucks, tend to keep doing so right to the end, thus potentially requiring periodic tweaks to our existing tunes.

I think that they erred on their business model adjustment to charge for tune adjustments, but it is their right to do so, and it is our right to respond accordingly. Too bad, as IMO, they had an outstanding total product offering package (including free future tune tweaks) for folks like us.
I agree 100%. I've been wanting to do this because of the free lifetime updates. I probably might as well just go to a local tuner with a dyno for mine now.

jwth

Reaction score
hptuners is a friendly product and you learn with it.
been using it for 10 years or more
adjust for your driving uses and carries over to your other vehicles.
take a big brick that gets 14 mph and boost its performance and definitely mileage
tune to tow or road trip or town driving, save and change the tune as you want..

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been monitoring the situation for the last year and a half, and unfortunately, for the first time ever since Justin started this business, we have had to change our free update policy. The whole pandemic and the resulting stay-at-home situation caused a lot of a backlog here, it was up to a 120 person list, up to a 3 month wait for free tune updates, and people who purchased tunes 10 years ago were getting bad attitudes when their free updates weren't done immediately.

We now offer free tune updates for the first year, after that it could be a $40 charge up to $150 just depending on the mods that you are adding.

Also any tune related changes that need to be made is completely separate, that is taken care of if needed as usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt