Reverse Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicole J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2L. Previous owner was rebuilding to put super charger into it. When the engine gets hot (190ish) the transmission doesn't want to shift into Reverse. Especially if the A/C is on. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, just something I noticed. Fluids are all good. I noticed some other weird electrical things, lights dimming and coming back, Like I said I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

First, when your engine is at 190-ish, that it the normal operating temperature. When you engine is at normal operating temperature, what is the transmission operating temperature? You should be able to view this, by scrolling through the second button from the top in your DIC cluster of buttons on your front dashboard to the right of your gauges.

Regarding the previous owner's supercharger rebuild project, I am wondering what changes were made during that project that may be impacting you now. I am not very knowledgeable on supercharger projects for these trucks, but other folks on this Forum are, and they will chime in.

Clean, tight electrical connections are very important on these trucks, and any poor electrical connections will raise all kinds of havoc with the truck's electrical systems. I would recommend that you check the battery connections to ensure that they are clean and tight, and I would recommend the same for all ground connections on the engine block and frame within the engine well.

OP
OP
N

Nicole J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

First, when your engine is at 190-ish, that it the normal operating temperature. When you engine is at normal operating temperature, what is the transmission operating temperature? You should be able to view this, by scrolling through the second button from the top in your DIC cluster of buttons on your front dashboard to the right of your gauges.

Sorry, that is the Trans temp not the engine temp. I misspoke. My husband and I have discussed checking the electrical/ grounds, so that is where we will start. Thank you.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The highest that I've seem my transmission's operating temperature is 165 degrees, and that is in an 80 degree ambient outside environment, and not towing anything.

I believe that transmission operating temperatures below 200 degrees are considered OK, but I will defer to other more knowledgeable folks on this Forum to chime in on this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since it is a Denali I assume you have the 6spd? transmission, your symptom might be a solenoid but on the 6l80e those are all in a part of the valve body, not quite as easy as doing one in a 4spd, I would have a technician check it to verify but a complete refurbished valve body can be found online for about $500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645