Reuse or buy new sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to drop a new motor in. Should I buy new sensors or reuse the ones from the old motor? The only ones I can think of are Crank sensor, knock sensor, coolant temp on the manifold, temp sensor on drivers side of block, and oil pressure (which I think is behind distributor?). Am I missing any (not including TPS, Mass air etc. Just want to know about ones on the block).

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i would prefer new sensors but you can reuse old ones assuming there were no failures in them. i would however replace the oil pressure switch and do a crank relearn on the new engine tho. i think you have them covered.

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the oil sender is a good idea as I think mine was acting erratically before, and it seems like it would be much easier to replace now as opposed to when I get it in. Got the new motor uncrated today and on the stand, man it's pretty. Gonna try to limp the old one into the shop in the morning and start tearing it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia