Replacing Rear Liftgate Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonYYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Youtube searches have not turned up much - wondering if anyone has any experience replacing the rear/liftgate glass on their Yukon?

The one I bought came quite scratched and I'm going to want to tint it eventually, so I may as well replace it first. I found a helpful video on removing the spoiler which I'd imagine is the first step. I haven't done that yet because I want to have the glass in hand once I start the disassembly. Would it be as simple as removing the spoiler and then whatever is keeping the glass bolted down? Anything to keep an eye out for in the process? What about the defogger - will detaching/reattaching that be an issue? Anything I should pay special attention to as far as keeping it sealed up tight? How about hardware - will I need anything new or can I use the current parts (assuming they're all in good repair)?

If anyone knows of a tutorial for this I would be very appreciative. I've got a bunch of things I want to do to this bad boy so trying to do as much as I can myself to save some labour costs so I can get it looking as good as some of yours.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Youtube searches have not turned up much - wondering if anyone has any experience replacing the rear/liftgate glass on their Yukon?

The one I bought came quite scratched and I'm going to want to tint it eventually, so I may as well replace it first. I found a helpful video on removing the spoiler which I'd imagine is the first step. I haven't done that yet because I want to have the glass in hand once I start the disassembly. Would it be as simple as removing the spoiler and then whatever is keeping the glass bolted down? Anything to keep an eye out for in the process? What about the defogger - will detaching/reattaching that be an issue? Anything I should pay special attention to as far as keeping it sealed up tight? How about hardware - will I need anything new or can I use the current parts (assuming they're all in good repair)?

If anyone knows of a tutorial for this I would be very appreciative. I've got a bunch of things I want to do to this bad boy so trying to do as much as I can myself to save some labour costs so I can get it looking as good as some of yours.

Go to 09:55 here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645