Replacing Front Air Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMORENOII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front air deflector was recently scuffed; this is the black plastic piece below the front bumper. I ordered a replacement and plan to complete the job myself. Does anyone have any insight as to how difficult it will be to pull the old one off and install the new one. I'm hoping the bumper doesn't need to come off. Thanks in advance.

Updated to add ...
2007 Yukon Denali

Last edited:

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really simple to remove, should take you about 5 minutes if you have the tools in front of you.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally pull towards the outside of the bumper (side not facing the car). There are probably 8 "clips" that hold it on there. Just crawl under and look at the clips so you can understand.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really simple to remove, should take you about 5 minutes if you have the tools in front of you.
:think: What tools?

Literally pull towards the outside of the bumper (side not facing the car). There are probably 8 "clips" that hold it on there. Just crawl under and look at the clips so you can understand.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are clips in the middle, but if I remember right, there is a 10 mm screw on each end, really easy to get to.

OP
OP
J

JMORENOII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
7mm actually ... I crawled up under there last night but there isn't enough space for a socket wrench. I need to pick up a wrench from the hardware store today. I did notice the clips that will need to be popped out. I'll keep everyone posted.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7mm actually ... I crawled up under there last night but there isn't enough space for a socket wrench. I need to pick up a wrench from the hardware store today. I did notice the clips that will need to be popped out. I'll keep everyone posted.

Damn, I almost had it right!

OP
OP
J

JMORENOII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pictures came out terrible so I don't even think they would be worth posting.
Working at dusk + iPhone camera = :disgust:

But it was a really easy repair. I did endup tearing some of the old tabs as I was pulling it off but it was not a big deal being that it was going in the trash anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24