Replacing Blower Motor Resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check the fuse under the hood and then the relay next to the resistor. If it's getting power, it should be working. Maybe hook up a multimeter to see exactly how much juice it's gettin.

vanilla_gorilla312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with the amount of volume coming out of the vents. All levels on my switch work, I cleaned out the evaporator, and installed a new blower. The air is around 25-30 deg. so it is cold. Just not a lot of volume coming out. Will this hopefully fix my problem??

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with the amount of volume coming out of the vents. All levels on my switch work, I cleaned out the evaporator, and installed a new blower. The air is around 25-30 deg. so it is cold. Just not a lot of volume coming out. Will this hopefully fix my problem??

Have you replaced your cabin air filter? There's a thread somewhere on how to do this. Usually if its really dirty, it will restrict airflow.

vanilla_gorilla312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there aren't any in cabin filters for a 1997 Hoe. Is there?? If so I couldnt find them

shramek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I just joined this forum. I am having problems with my 97 Tahoe's heater.. The temperature control module works for the temp and the different vent settings, but I can't control the speed. So I am only getting warm when I am driving. The fuse is good. I don't know if the control module is bad or if its the blower motor. It would be cheaper if its the blower. I don't know if this is a typical problem or not. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Rapunzl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you for the photos Nimrodcs! We went to the dealership and got a schematic that was supposedly for our 1999 Tahoe, but it didn't match at all. Now, we just have to check to see if it's the resistor or switch that have gone bad.

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the photos Nimrodcs! We went to the dealership and got a schematic that was supposedly for our 1999 Tahoe, but it didn't match at all. Now, we just have to check to see if it's the resistor or switch that have gone bad.

Since my last post, I have replaced the blower control switch, which solved my problem of the blower running constantly. Sorry for not posting sooner.

O'reilly's Part #: S15002

Autozone's Part #: SW1464

You basically just take off the instrument panel bezel, then take the AC/Heater control out of the dash and unbolt the switch from the back of it then replace with the new switch. Its pretty straight forward.

Hope you figure it out!

willie1280

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1999 Tahoe with similar issues. The first issue being that i cannot turn my blower off. Basically off and low are the same, the rest of the speeds adjust accordingly.

I am hoping this has something to do with my A/C not working as well. A few months ago the AC compressor would never turn off. I didn't know this was going on until one day while driving the compressor started squealing like crazy. The only way i could turn the compressor off was to disconnect the plug just above it.

So do you think i just need to replace the blower motor switch you reco'd??

Thanks
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low