Replacing 2000 Tahoe with 2005 - Regain rear and right side exterior key locks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '05 has a push button at rear window. No key.
But I can bet if a year had a key in that push button, you may be able to put it in?

I only have a key on the driver's door. And a 'hide-a-key' underneath.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I didn't even notice that the passenger side didn't have a key lock, we never use them but to make sure they still work.

Hey fellas, didn't I read somewhere on here that the key lock for the back window was still there, underneath the cap that covers it unlike the older ones where it was exposed? Or am I thinking about something else?

You did read that. I'm sure with a little digging we could narrow down the years, but I don't think his 2005 will have it, unfortunately.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our new Infiniti has only a remote-fob... Just a push button to start.
It does have a removable key inside the fob for valet. It also has a ( sort of hidden) ignition key insert under the dash, encase your fob dies on you..

Interesting...... In the dark, when I have the fob in my pocket, and the car is locked, ... as I walk by, the interior & puddle lamp lights up.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I didn't even notice that the passenger side didn't have a key lock, we never use them but to make sure they still work.

Hey fellas, didn't I read somewhere on here that the key lock for the back window was still there, underneath the cap that covers it unlike the older ones where it was exposed? Or am I thinking about something else?

Last weekend I did the rear camera mod on the back hatch push button and my push button did not have the key mechanism. I will be updating the rear camera diy next week.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Laat weekend I did the rear camera mod on the back hatch push button and my push button did not have the key mechanism. I will be updating the rear camera diy next week.

Did you buy one from Crippin, or make your own?

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made my own following Crippins diy, mine was a piece of cake compared to Crippins since my push button did not have the mechanism. I'm going to add pictures to Crippins diy.
That’s awesome! Definitely post pics, I haven’t heard from anyone that has tried it out since I’ve posted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE