Replacement Rear Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iced98lx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Folks looking for replacement rear springs, broke a leaf in one pack, now the truck sags a bit.. (sloppy floppy is no fun, afterall ;))

would like a 2-3 inch lift since I'm replacing them anyway.. what do you guys suggest??

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the front of the truck lifted? That thing would have some serious rake with lifted springs and no front lift. Procomp springs are ok, skyjacker makes some that people say are nice. Then dever custom springs are great I am told

OP
OP
iced98lx

iced98lx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is the front of the truck lifted? That thing would have some serious rake with lifted springs and no front lift. Procomp springs are ok, skyjacker makes some that people say are nice. Then dever custom springs are great I am told

fronts not lifted (how awkward would THAT rake be, the front lifted and the rear not lifted?!) but was obviously going to get lifted when i do the rear springs.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the truck with stock springs already sits up higher in the rear. I think it would look very odd with lifted springs out back

OP
OP
iced98lx

iced98lx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the truck with stock springs already sits up higher in the rear. I think it would look very odd with lifted springs out back

mine sits 1/2 inch higher in the front on the side without the broken spring and almost a full inch higher in teh front on the side with the broken spring. previous owner must have cranked the tbars.

Also, if my 2nd message didn't clear things up I am planning on lifting the front of the truck when i lift the rear. the lift kits I normally see are just add a leaf or blocks, and I need full replacement springs.. :)

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best solution (and the cheapest!) is the junkyard, get the complete spring pack, and swap it in. While you're doing it, disassemble the pack, and slip 2-3 extra leaves in from the pack(s) you've already got - I did this, cutting the extra leaves with a metal chop saw to the correct (in-between) lengths, and gained about 2 1/2 - 3" in the rear. The rear sway bar won't be an issue, but the stock shocks will be - they'll be way too short. You'll have to go with shocks for a 2-5" lift.

Note: doing this will also stiffen the ride up somewhat, but I have less body roll going into corners than I did before.

BTW, I turned my torsions just shy of the max, maybe 1 1/2 turns from bottoming out - gained me just about 2" of lift in the front, had to clearance the front fenders and bumper to fit the 285/75/16 Yoko's on the 16x8 wheels with 25mm of offset. The rears clear just fine, and I've got just a slight forward rake with my truck - looks good to me.

When I need tires again, I'm planning on stepping up to 315/75/16's (35's) and doing a simple 3" body lift. But, my Yoko's are supposed to be good for 60K miles, and I've only got 24K on them now in over a year and a half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123