Replacement key fob and Disarming my alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
So my daughter likes playing with our Tahoe keys and decided to put them somewhere that I can not find for the life of me. I would like to get a replacement one for as cheap as possible. There are tons of them for sale on ebay for like 20-30 bucks. I wanted to know how easy it is to reprogram them for my Tahoe. She also decided to arm the alarm before losing them. I have extra keys to get in but don't know how to disarm the alarm once I get in. I tried searching for the answer via google but I either found a variety of answers or didn't find one that explained it well. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Well I found a site that said the alarm will disable if you start the truck with a key. Used the key to open it and it didn't go off anyway! So I must have just locked it by mistake and it wasn't actually armed.

So now I just need to buy some new remotes and program them. I think I found directions to do it. Does this process sound right to you all?

Transmitter Programming Procedure (Method 1 - No Tools Required)
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that should be the right one.... thats the one thats in my kons manual anyway... ive got a new fob in the mail right now so i will be doin this one as well... i got my fob from amazon for around 40 bucks with intstructions so if those are any different ill be sure to post them in ur thread:Handshake:

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Awesome thanks Nick. I didn't even think to see if it was in the manual lol. I found a guy selling some on ebay in good condition so I got 2 for about 50 bucks in case my daughter decides to play hide and seek again.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that you bought 2 of them....you will find the key fob that your daughter has hidden from you lol...jk bro... i need to buy one for my hoe my wife decided she wanted to lose my whole key set while she was taken professional pictures of a family...but its all good i need to buy some off of ebay or somewhere, it sucks not having a key fob.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
now that you bought 2 of them....you will find the key fob that your daughter has hidden from you lol...jk bro... i need to buy one for my hoe my wife decided she wanted to lose my whole key set while she was taken professional pictures of a family...but its all good i need to buy some off of ebay or somewhere, it sucks not having a key fob.

Lol I know. Especially since I'll be moving in a few months. At least this way I'm not out a ton of cash and now I'll have spares in case this happens again. With kids anything is possible.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well got my fob in today and yep they have the same directions... and i tell u what im glad i got off my ass and went ahead and got it.. been havin to use the key ever since i bought the truck a year ago...

Electrichorseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Effeckt,

I just tried this programming procedure and it worked like a champ!!!

Thanks for posting this!

Ken C.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score

Well just like we were speculating we did find it. It was stuck in with one of my jackets. It was really weird finding it there. I hadn't worn it since I last drove the truck and the keys were in my room. Best guess is that it was out and the keys were on top of it and got caught up in it. Oh well, now I have 3 sets of keys!

Effeckt,

I just tried this programming procedure and it worked like a champ!!!

Thanks for posting this!

Ken C.

Glad to hear it Ken! I'm happy my little mixup with the keys benefitted someone lol.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my daughter likes playing with our Tahoe keys and decided to put them somewhere that I can not find for the life of me. I would like to get a replacement one for as cheap as possible. There are tons of them for sale on ebay for like 20-30 bucks. I wanted to know how easy it is to reprogram them for my Tahoe. She also decided to arm the alarm before losing them. I have extra keys to get in but don't know how to disarm the alarm once I get in. I tried searching for the answer via google but I either found a variety of answers or didn't find one that explained it well. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Well I found a site that said the alarm will disable if you start the truck with a key. Used the key to open it and it didn't go off anyway! So I must have just locked it by mistake and it wasn't actually armed.

So now I just need to buy some new remotes and program them. I think I found directions to do it. Does this process sound right to you all?

While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.

thanks for posting this. I had a fob that didn't work too well- Had to press the buttons hard and multiple times to get it to work. So, I ordered one of the Bay and this procedure worked:headbang:. Now that I had one that worked, I decided to open up my old one and under the rubber pad was oil or grease or something. So, I cleaned it and it works fine now. I needed a spare anyways.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

didi this and worked like a charm!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A