Replacement interior speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search and all I saw was people talking about wanting to replace interior speakers but havent found post of people executing this action.

Replacement isnt the question......its that I'm pretty sure stock speakers are 2ohm speakers and finding 2ohm speakers are a little more rare than 4/8ohm.

So I would like to upgrade my sound quality....always have since my first car but I find a limit to the selection of 2ohm speakers to choose from.

Anyone replace their speakers and anyone know how to make the most out of stock amps with aftermarket speakers?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Dearmosd,

You mention 2 ohm speakers, so I am guessing that you currently have a Bose system, as my former Bose system had 2 ohm front door speakers.

There is a reference to the Bose speakers here in this thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/bose-system-speaker-replacement.107852/#post-1286487

You are correct in that a 2 ohm (non sub-woofer) speaker is rare, and when found, is quite expensive.

Can you (1) confirm that your current system is a Bose system, and (2) give us more information on specifically what you want in the way of upgrading your current system (what is lacking in your current system, and specifically what you want to improve it)?

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have the Bose setup. As time goes on I find myself wanting a little more separation from mids/highs to keep up with my after market sub. Its only a matter of time that the stock speakers will keep me satisfied and I always upgrade. I usually get after market amps to support the after market speakers but I havent been down that road in research.

I also have a sister that has two blown door speakers that she is asking me to replace and before find Bose speakers to replace them I thought I would do some research for 2ohm speakers so she can use the stock amp easier

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a search and all I saw was people talking about wanting to replace interior speakers but havent found post of people executing this action.

Replacement isnt the question......its that I'm pretty sure stock speakers are 2ohm speakers and finding 2ohm speakers are a little more rare than 4/8ohm.

So I would like to upgrade my sound quality....always have since my first car but I find a limit to the selection of 2ohm speakers to choose from.

Anyone replace their speakers and anyone know how to make the most out of stock amps with aftermarket speakers?

I replaced my four door speakers in a 2015 Yukon with Bose. I used Infinity Kappa speakers and they are a significant sound upgrade.