Removing front and rear Chevy emblems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InstantOffense

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 15 LT and love it. I am trying to improve the appearance (to my taste) and I purchased the OEM black bowties for the front and rear of the vehicle. Can anyone give me a brief walkthrough on installation? I am not real car savvy yet but am looking forward to learning. Thanks in advance for any help.

I also bought the OEM chrome mirror covers if anyone can explain the best way to install those as well...

mwardncsu

Reaction score
The rear is applied with 3M adhesive tape - heat it up with a hair dryer or heat-gun on low and gently pull.... I've not done mine yet but will be once I get a chance to do some overall paint correction. If stubborn, you might try using some braided fishing line to cut behind it, but it should pull away with some heat.

For the front grill emblem, I removed the plastic cover panel that sits in engine compartment over the radiator, etc - use a tool to remove the plastic pop studs - 1st pull up on the center tab and then pry out the stud. Then you can reach down behind the grill, some slight hand pressure on the 4 tabs will pop them lose and the emblem comes right off - and the new one pops right back in its place.

OP
OP
I

InstantOffense

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear is applied with 3M adhesive tape - heat it up with a hair dryer or heat-gun on low and gently pull.... I've not done mine yet but will be once I get a chance to do some overall paint correction. If stubborn, you might try using some braided fishing line to cut behind it, but it should pull away with some heat.

For the front grill emblem, I removed the plastic cover panel that sits in engine compartment over the radiator, etc - use a tool to remove the plastic pop studs - 1st pull up on the center tab and then pry out the stud. Then you can reach down behind the grill, some slight hand pressure on the 4 tabs will pop them lose and the emblem comes right off - and the new one pops right back in its place.
Thanks. Ended up going very smoothly and turned out great. Appreciate the help.

jasonsbiz74

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my new emblems, I will be doing my swap this weekend. Hope mine goes easy as well. Thanks for the info.

huntingtonjc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm told removing the rear emblem from the 2016 Tahoe will leave holes in the tailgate. True?

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics of the debadged rear end please

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm told removing the rear emblem from the 2016 Tahoe will leave holes in the tailgate. True?
Nope. Smooth as a baby's bottom. I also debadged the whole car. Looks clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon