Removing DVD Headrests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
The headrests that came with my 2011 do not work. I have the stocks to put back in. I can see the wire going down in to the seat. Am I safe to just cut the wire and cap it off?

I do not plan on putting any other dvd headrests in at all. I just dont want to burn anything down. :)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would imagine there should be a plug somewhere. Maybe behind the rear seat cover/panel? Use a trim tool or putty knife to feel for the fingers along the sides of the panel. Starting at the bottom and working your way up, push the tabs towards the center of the panel to release from the seat frame, then slide down to unhook the top. Been a while since I did it but that's a brief rundown of the steps.

Here is a video too, go to 22:30:

OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
I would imagine there should be a plug somewhere. Maybe behind the rear seat cover/panel? Use a trim tool or putty knife to feel for the fingers along the sides of the panel. Starting at the bottom and working your way up, push the tabs towards the center of the panel to release from the seat frame, then slide down to unhook the top. Been a while since I did it but that's a brief rundown of the steps.

Here is a video too, go to 22:30:

Thank you!

denalilex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am. I have the stocks to put back in. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
sorry i’m so late to reply to this lol. & idk how the photo of the schematics didn’t post. i assume you likely don’t need them anymore but lmk if you do.

i’m still interested in those headrests. lmk. i can PM you my #