Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan5

Reaction score
I have a Compustar 4900S remote start in 2004 Tahoe and it has a TON of features. It is also Drone Mobile compatible but I don't use it myself. It comes with a 2 way and a one way remote. You do need to buy the blade chip separately for it and either buy a cord to program it yourself or most installers can do it. I programmed my own for my truck and the amount of options are crazy! I've had it about a year now and I love it.
I just did my compustar install and what I was reading from multiple sources was that as and end user you are no longer allowed to flash your blade module. You need to have a dealer login.

That and the cable to flash the blade is another $50 on top of the $50-70 for the blade itself.

I ended up buying an older GMDLBP module for $45 on ebay. That and my 2-way compustar kit for $150 put my total cost at $200 for the remote start.

Edit: I even called a few local shops and asked if they would sell me a blade unit flashed and they refused. Wouldn't sell me anything unless they did the install.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What about a kit from these guys?

Hippie459MN

Reaction score
I just did my compustar install and what I was reading from multiple sources was that as and end user you are no longer allowed to flash your blade module. You need to have a dealer login.

That and the cable to flash the blade is another $50 on top of the $50-70 for the blade itself.

I ended up buying an older GMDLBP module for $45 on ebay. That and my 2-way compustar kit for $150 put my total cost at $200 for the remote start.

Edit: I even called a few local shops and asked if they would sell me a blade unit flashed and they refused. Wouldn't sell me anything unless they did the install.

I just went to the idatalink.com web site, logged in to my account I made when I bought the Blade-AL from amazon and clicked flash my module. Dont expect and support from them though unless you are a dealer. So there is that. I also bought my usb cable on ebay for like $40 and worked perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts