Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh17986501

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here I got a 2001 GMC Yukon 1500 XL slt and been looking at having a remote start installed along with new radio speakers amp I just need a direction to go any advice on any remote start or audio sound system

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Viper by directed is a good dependable alarm system with a couple add-on sensors and a 4g gps module your vehicle will be more secure than your own home, with that add-on module you can use the phone app and start your vehicle from anywhere on the planet, track it, put up a digital fence, get a text, email and a fob alert if anyone tries to break into it.
for audio the infinity kappa series is a pretty good bang for the buck
kenwood and pioneer both offer wireless android auto/apple carplay head units
backup cam can be added as well
throw in a hotspot and a roku and you can have mobile streaming video..
sky's the limit
smart.png

smart2.png
smart1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Josh17986501

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Viper by directed is a good dependable alarm system with a couple add-on sensors and a 4g gps module your vehicle will be more secure than your own home, with that add-on module you can use the phone app and start your vehicle from anywhere on the planet, track it, put up a digital fence, get a text, email and a fob alert if anyone tries to break into it.
for audio the infinity kappa series is a pretty good bang for the buck
kenwood and pioneer both offer wireless android auto/apple carplay head units
backup cam can be added as well
throw in a hotspot and a roku and you can have mobile streaming video..
sky's the limit
View attachment 357170

View attachment 357172
View attachment 357173
Thanks very much

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might also look at Drone Mobile. I believe it's user interface is better than Viper's -- and I have 2 trucks on Viper with 1 Suburban on Drone mobile. I'm on mobile, but I'll try to grab you some screenshots, later.

Logan5

Reaction score
You might also look at Drone Mobile. I believe it's user interface is better than Viper's -- and I have 2 trucks on Viper with 1 Suburban on Drone mobile. I'm on mobile, but I'll try to grab you some screenshots, later.
I'm also interested in hearing about Drone Mobile, I just did a CompuStar install and Drone Mobile is my option for SmartPhone integration.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some screenshots -- feel free to ask questions; I am not a dealer nor really affiliated with them, but thought the information was useful.

Screenshot_20211206-133621_Drone Mobile.jpeg

Screenshot_20211206-133628_Drone Mobile.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
viper has very similar features, it will alert you if battery voltage is low, it will also alert you if a door is not shut, temperature, etc
it also has a real time reporting option vehicle moved (i.e. got towed away), speed alert, fence
the interface I use is the classic, there is 4 different dashboards and there is the directed app that has a different appearance also
some of the functions are redundant to me and can flat out be annoying depending on how often you want to be notified of basically anything.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the drone intrface better, as it has the stuff I most care about in one pane.

Hippie459MN

Reaction score
I have a Compustar 4900S remote start in 2004 Tahoe and it has a TON of features. It is also Drone Mobile compatible but I don't use it myself. It comes with a 2 way and a one way remote. You do need to buy the blade chip separately for it and either buy a cord to program it yourself or most installers can do it. I programmed my own for my truck and the amount of options are crazy! I've had it about a year now and I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019