Remote start prep package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Ok so I pulled the build sheet on my tahoe. It says I have a remote start prep package. Anyone know what that means?

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I pulled the build sheet on my tahoe. It says I have a remote start prep package. Anyone know what that means?

That it is "wired" for remote starting? The BCM probably knows about it, but you don't have the FOBs etc (maybe saftety stuff)?

Ron

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
It's a Scam in my opinion, like Ron says it's wired for it at the factory. Then sold as a dealer installed option. I purchased mine off of Ebay and what you get for your money is 2 new remotes and instructions for the dealer with a code number and phone number to GM . You take the car to the dealer The dealer calls GM with that code and than receives a different code to input into the Tech2.

I took mine into the dealer they programmed the remotes but then I had to take it back and leave it for the day that's when I found out about them having to call GM.

So basically you get two 25 dollar remotes for the unbelievable price of 225.00 plus my dealer only charged me 65 to program the BCM

But I like the remote start

GM part number 19154444

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a Scam in my opinion, like Ron says it's wired for it at the factory. Then sold as a dealer installed option. I purchased mine off of Ebay and what you get for your money is 2 new remotes and instructions for the dealer with a code number and phone number to GM . You take the car to the dealer The dealer calls GM with that code and than receives a different code to input into the Tech2.

I took mine into the dealer they programmed the remotes but then I had to take it back and leave it for the day that's when I found out about them having to call GM.

So basically you get two 25 dollar remotes for the unbelievable price of 225.00 plus my dealer only charged me 65 to program the BCM

But I like the remote start

GM part number 19154444

Could not have explained it better myself. I bought the kit off Ebay because it was a lot cheaper than even I could get from ordering it through the dealership. It still cost me $50 for the BCM program but it is a super nice thing to have on the Tahoe! I gave it to myself last year as a birthday present! :)

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

Reaction score
Yup the dealer wants 350 for the remotes and 125 to program it. WTF.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup the dealer wants 350 for the remotes and 125 to program it. WTF.

Well since I work in the parts dept at the dealership and get the best discount you can get and I bought it off Ebay, what does that tell you?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

Reaction score
That's sad when a person that you think would have a hook up doesn't have a hook up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA