REMOTE START - Possible to Keep car on after taking key out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know aftermarket remote starts have this ability but is there any way for the Tahoe to stay running after it has been started? Sometimes I make quick runs into stores and hear its not good to keep cutting cars on and off for short intervals.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a Viper 5706V and it does this. stays on without the key for 12 mins

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had aftermarket ones that can stay on as long as half hour. Was hoping stock remote can do it too.

adcmobile

Reaction score
I had aftermarket ones that can stay on as long as half hour. Was hoping stock remote can do it too.
Using the FLRSGM10 add-on for the factory remote keyless, you can set up a 35 minute run time.

If you haven't gotten a remote start yet, the FLRSGM10 is a great option, since it can be pre-programmed which allows you to do the install yourself in under 20 minutes, and there is no cutting or splicing - it's all T-harnesses. It runs off of the factory remote, by pressing the "lock" button three times to start/stop.

It can also accept the ASCL6 phone app module that allows you to start/stop & track from a phone app that is free for the first year, then $29 per year after that - FAR cheaper that the OnStar option!

If you have any questions on it, let me know or check it out on our website.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu