Remote start on '96 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought this Tahoe, and I would like install a remote start on it. Where can I find a good remote start system, at a reasonable price! Also, I don't have the original keyless entry remotest and would also like to have keyless entry as well. It seems a waste of time to buy OEM remotes, when I can buy a remote start system with keyless entry. Will a system like this program to the original keyless entry system, or is there some other kind of adapter that comes with the remote start system that I need to connect?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eBay or Amazon.

Audiovox is is a good brand at a good price. If you have auto locks it's just a matter of splicing in to the correct wires

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this might be the simplest kit with just keyless and remote start for you. http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/Prod...ter-with-keyless-entry-and-trunk-release.aspx

I like this one the best and the remotes look like some OEM fobs. I don't need the Viper system, just something cheap but of a decent quality. I need a good Viper system in my Jeep as some sort of protection for my $2500 stereo system! The Tahoe has a little 12" Sony Xplode and small amp, not worried about that! LOL!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I am very protective of mine and I use a Clifford Avantguard 5. With the options I have a had to terminate over 70 wire connections. Well worth it.

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because it says viper doesn't mean it's some crazy expensive complete security system.

This is what I use, it's still a very good quality remote start but not very expensive and it's just a basic keyless entry with remote start. And if you want something to impress people with you can still add the smart start to this so you can start your car with your phone

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-4105V-1...TF8&qid=1392092682&sr=8-1&keywords=viper+4105

Last edited:

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed a few of the Bulldog systems and they are pretty straight forward. their phone tech is very helpful when you run into wire problems or technical issues.

david98

Reaction score
I heard that some of the bulldog systems would start a fire. Is this true?

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA