Remote start location question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoobee001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2005 Yukon XL in March to replace my truck, and I am looking to install a remote start in it. I'm looking to do the work myself. I'm installing a Python 1400xp as well as the idatalink module for the passlock override. The 1400 isn't my first choice but I picked it up dirt cheap when circuit city was going out of business as a spare for my wifes car. On a side note Directed makes decent products, but for a consumer... their warranty policy sucks. When my wife's starter died(just a fuse) I learned that if it were a problem with the actual unit, I would have to pay an authorized dealer to uninstall it and send it to directed to be fixed. Then pay again to have it reinstalled once its repaired. Its cheaper for me to just buy a new one. Sorry done with my rant.
Anyway, I've been doing alot of reading and chasing down wiring guide from this site and 12volt.com, and I think I have all my connection points pretty much located. One thing I am unsure of is where a good place is to mount the various control modules. On my truck, an '02 Dakota, I knew where all the decent hiding spots were for adding components under the dash, but where do people like to mount there stuff on the Yukons/tahoes/burbs. I see there is a ton of space in the console and behind the glove box and they are both easy to get to. What are peoples preferences as far as mounting locations for remote starts?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent mounted one but there is a good bit of space behind the gauges as well and behind the radio

OP
OP
S

scoobee001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have to look behind the gauge cluster this weekend.
I've had the radio out adding aux inputs and didn't think there was much room there, but I may have to look again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo

Latest posts