Remote start engine runtime on ‘21s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
So I’ve owned some GM vehicle or the other since 2006. 2009 was a first when I was introduced to remote engine start using your key fob on my 2009 Camaro. Ever since, I’ve always used it in all my GM cars/SUV/trucks. I have always noticed that the standard engine run time is 10 minutes. Fast forward to 2021, now when I got my Yukon Denali just a month ago, I’ve noticed the remote start engine run time is a crazy 30 minutes. Is it just my truck or do others have this problem? Or do others not see this as a problem??

txchevy4ever

Reaction score
My manual says "The engine will shut off after 15 minutes, or after the remainder of the 30 minute total running time is used."

This is only 10 minutes longer than my previous Chevy's, total. It does not concern me.

Dogged

Reaction score
Why is this a problem? If you are concerned, just hit the key again and it will stop whenever you like.

The more troubling issue is if you leave your truck running with the normal start function, it will not idle longer than 30 minutes. If you left your dog inside with the A/C running on a trip and got a bite to eat, you would find your best friend dead when you came back in the summer. Terrible software.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is this a problem? If you are concerned, just hit the key again and it will stop whenever you like.

The more troubling issue is if you leave your truck running with the normal start function, it will not idle longer than 30 minutes. If you left your dog inside with the A/C running on a trip and got a bite to eat, you would find your best friend dead when you came back in the summer. Terrible software.

Hold the start button for more than 5 seconds I believe it is (or possibly10) when starting to bypass the auto shutoff. ...there's thread on here somewhere

Vonderbach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My manual says "The engine will shut off after 15 minutes, or after the remainder of the 30 minute total running time is used."

This is only 10 minutes longer than my previous Chevy's, total. It does not concern me.

What do they mean "total running time"? What happens between 15 minutes and 30 minutes that allows it to keep running?

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2012 Yukon can be remotely started twice. Each start lasts 10 minutes, unless you turn it off. After the two remote starts it will not remotely start again. You must use the key. After that the sequence of remote starts begins again. Not the best, but it does come in handy when it's parked in the Sun. The A/C comes on full blast to cool the interior of the truck down to an acceptable temperature. If it's parked in the shade the A/C comes on but the fan is on Low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne