Refurbished OEM CD Player.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a refurbished OEM CD/Radio unit for my 97 Yukon GT off Ebay. The unit looks nicely refurbished, the CD player works. It’s just the backlighting that is the problem. The bulbs shined a lot “Whiter” through the faceplate, and the top row is now working intermittently. At least I can listen to that Pearl Jam Ten CD on the way home from work!!!

D82B8F06-D824-413D-A7BB-6246E2032362.jpeg 44E1772E-C234-4D90-AF14-41EDD45C61F7.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I bought a refurbished OEM CD/Radio unit for my 97 Yukon GT off Ebay. The unit looks nicely refurbished, the CD player works. It’s just the backlighting that is the problem. The bulbs shined a lot “Whiter” through the faceplate, and the top row is now working intermittently. At least I can listen to that Pearl Jam Ten CD on the way home from work!!!

View attachment 275809 View attachment 275810
Trying to keep it all stock?

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking rig you got there. I bought a similar refurbished radio for my 1998 2door sport. Except, the radio came with a wire and small head phone type jack to hook to my phone. Works ok. Blue tooth works so much better though. I bought a cheap bluetooth radio for my pickup. So nice and convenient...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have removed my aftermarket Kenwood radio, sold that *************, and installed a stock radio/cd player and all I did was give the guy at ebay my VIN and he set the radio up and was plug and play. Did you contact the seller about the problems and if so, what did they say?

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seller should stand behind his "refurbishment". If not and you want to; its easy enough to rebulb it yourself, I recently rebulbed that exact radio. see my comment in the audio and electronics section of this forum; takes about thirty minutes IF you can solder.
Tbruz

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seller should stand behind his "refurbishment". If not and you want to; its easy enough to rebulb it yourself, I recently rebulbed that exact radio. see my comment in the audio and electronics section of this forum; takes about thirty minutes IF you can solder.
Tbruz

I installed bulbs in my old Radio Unit. They had that OEM incandescent glow. The ones in this refurbished unit glow a hot white colour when they work. When I ordered those 2 prong replacement bulbs they took 6 months to be delivered from China after I purchased on eBay! Luckily they came in a bag of 100. I’m not sure if I will replace the bulbs in the new unit or just swap faceplates from my old unit?

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have removed my aftermarket Kenwood radio, sold that *************, and installed a stock radio/cd player and all I did was give the guy at ebay my VIN and he set the radio up and was plug and play. Did you contact the seller about the problems and if so, what did they say?

I have not contacted the Seller yet. I am going to see what they say. I think there is a 1 year warranty. Depending on what they say I might just fix it myself. Less hassle than shipping back.

Guitarded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been half-heartedly looking for the stock AM/FM/cassette for my Tahoe. I still have the slave CD player, which I'm assuming still works.

If it weren't for my need for bluetooth, I'd be spending a lot more effort to take it back to stock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792