Recommended warranty that covers emissions ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rizop

Reaction score
Hi all . I was wondering if anyone knew of a VSA warranty that includes coverage of the emissions equipment that was backed by GM

I realize that in previous years , there was the GMEPP , but it seems that most of these current warranties are 3rd party backed.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the GM warranties are handled by private companies but still backed by GM? But first read your actual warranty to see the coverage particulars. Could be surprised at the factory coverage.

OP
OP
R

Rizop

Reaction score
Thanks ! Looks like there’s been some back and forth on what the current GM branded warranties cover but I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything definitive on whether they cover emissions on our diesels .

I’d love to purchase a warranty for my 22 3.0,Denali . It’s been great this far aside from an ever present coolant leak .

I’ve had warranties for our 19 Honda odyssey , 16 Lexus gx ; the warranties have already paid for themselves plus some . Just the roll of the dice guess

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll never find one that covers “Everything “ especially emissions related. They know this is a high failure point. But I’ve got lucky in the past by having an issue where emissions related things WERE covered as part of another covered failure (IE; blown turbo). if a covered item takes out a not covered item, the whole repair is covered. It depends on how things happen hierarchially.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the GM warranties are handled by private companies but still backed by GM? But first read your actual warranty to see the coverage particulars. Could be surprised at the factory coverage.
I'm not sure about that. I'm not an adjuster but do frequent GM service centers for warranty claim inspections, and I've never inspected a vehicle with that low of mileage to be covered under a factory warranty. They're all extended warranties as far as I know. I have no communication with the warranty companies either, as this type of work is third-party 1099 work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar